Saturday, April 11, 2015

Olivia and Opportunity

Welcome! My name is Olivia Hall and today I get to tell you why Opportunity is one of my favorite words. 

The definition of opportunity is: A set of circumstances that makes it possible to do something

I used to think opportunities were just for adults. You know, like having the opportunity to get a better job or a bigger house. 

Then I learned that we all have opportunities. I have the opportunity to study and get good grades in school. My brother has the opportunity to practice football and make the team. We both have the opportunity to be part of a really cool club. 

The problem is that sometimes an opportunity is disguised as a bad thing; like when we had to move and I didn't want to. I didn't understand at the time that even though moving is hard, I would find so many opportunities and be able to do some amazing things. 

Winston Churchill said, "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." 

I want to make sure I'm an optimist who grabs ahold of opportunities and does great things with my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment