Saturday, March 21, 2015

Caleb and Compound Effect

Hey guys! Caleb here and I want to tell you about one of my favorite words which is Compound Effect. (Yes, I realize that's actually two words.) 

There's a man who's name is Darren Hardy who wrote a book called The Compound Effect. My dad read the book and explained to me that the compound effect is the principle that making small, smart choices for a long time will eventually add up and will make a huge difference in our lives. 

Take for instance what happens if you  work on shooting hoops for twenty minutes each day. At the end of the summer you'll be way better at basketball and in better shape physically than if you'd just sat on the couch watching TV during that time. 

So, even though it doesn't seem like a huge thing on a day to day basis, over time it really adds up. 

The same thing can happen in the reverse, though. Imagine that you eat a candy bar day after day. At first you might not notice a difference, but in time it will mess with your health and probably make you gain weight. 

I want to make sure I use the compound effect to my advantage and do things that help me grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment